Christian Huglo dedicated all of his career, as both lawyer and teacher, to make environmental law penetrate into all the area of public life and economy, both on national and international level.
Christian Huglo dedicated all of his career, as both lawyer and teacher, to make environmental law penetrate into all the area of public life and economy, both on national and international level. After a time spent at the European Commission of Human Rights in Strasbourg, Christian Huglo set up on 1st January 1969 the law firm which holds his name and which has quickly been specialized in public and environmental law cases. Then in 1978, he got partnered with Corinne Lepage to set up Huglo-Lepage Avocats. Christian Huglo is specialized in litigation process, especially in international cases of pollution, environment, and legal expertise: Amoco Cadiz case and the Chicago trial (1978-1992), the Erika, Levoli Sun and Prestige cases, international contamination cases of the Mediterranean See, the
Rhin, the Baie de la Seine, the Moselle,… Specialized on business strategy in the environment field, Christian Huglo also advises his clients in their operations carried out in the various areas of the environment.
Advice and business strategy in the fields of environment, water, sewage system, waste, air, soils, urban planning, contaminated soils, environmental impacts and risks assessments review…
Crisis anticipation and management
Advice and strategy in safety, health and consumer law
Consultant for OECD, European Union and Environment ministry
Civil and criminal process strategy in environmental matters on both national and international levels
Proceedings before administrative and financials courts
- Senior lecturer in administrative law and environmental law in Metz University (1974-1980), Paris I and Paris II University (1980-2000) and in CNAM (2008-2012).
- In charge of education and training at the Professional Training Centre of the Paris Bar Association
- Lecturer in Collège des Hautes Etudes de l’Environnement et du Développement durable (1995-2002)
- Regular participant in Ecole des Mines (1970-1980)
- Doctor of law, the judge and the environment, Paris II Panthéon-Assas University (1994)
- Bar exam, with highest honour, major of the promotion (1968)
- Master’s degree in public law (1967)
- Award of administrative law and criminal law, Strasbourg law University (1960-1961)
- Co-director of the JurisClasseur Environment and Sustainable Development (Lexis Nexis Edition, since 1992), of the Environment and Sustainable Development Review (Lexis Nexis Edition, since 2001), and of the Energy-environment-Infrastructure Review (Lexis Nexis Edition, since 2011)
- Creator of the Environmental Code and of the Administrative Justice Code (Lexis Nexis Edition)
- Author of more than 200 doctrinal articles. Recently: “Mediation, class action… Environmental law and litigation facing new proceedings implemented by the law Justice of the XXI century”, les Petites Affiches, n°91, 8 May 2017, p.7.
- Author of “Lawyer for the Environment” (Lexis Nexis Edition, 2016) in which he recounts the main judicial battles he worked on since 1972 in order to make environmental law come to the surface.
- Author of “The climatic justice in the world” (Bruylant edition, to be published in 2018)
- Co-author of the “Declaration of Humanity rights”, commented article by article, with Fabrice Picod and others (Bruylant edition, to be published in 2018)
- Animation and participation into numerous symposia and conferences
- Member of the French Arbitration Association
- Member of the Cercle de l’Union interalliée
- Knight of the Order of the Legion of Honour